To route traces in PCB view please follow these steps:
- Place your components where you'd like them to reside on the PCB.
- Choose the "Copper Trace" tool.
- Choose a trace thickness from the drop down. Generally wider is better.
- Click on an end of a green "air wire" near a terminal. The copper trace will begin.
- To change the angle of the trace right-click.
- To change layers simply select a different layer mid-way through routing.
- Click to route the trace to it's endpoint (another terminal).
See video below and SKIP to the 3:05 for PCB editing.
To delete traces:
You can select then delete portions of a routed copper trace with the DELETE key. To select the trace you need to be using the Arrow tool - press ESC to get into Arrow tool (selection) mode.
To rip-up more than one segment of a trace at a time hold down the SHIFT key and select each segment. Then press the DELETE key.
Future updates to this workflow will involve double-clicking a trace to select the whole trace
Currently there is no way to reset the PCB view, or "rip up" all traces, but we're currently working on new features like this.